WEEK 67: September 24, 2019 “BBBAAGGEEEE!!!!”

The 4 Sisters that live together in Bagé
OOOOll

This week was my first official week in my new area with my new companion Sister Albino!!! My goodness she is amazing. We made so many street contacts that my voice almost left me haha. So my new area is in a city that is called, "Bagé." It is SUPER close to Uruguay so everyone speaks Portuguese with a Spanish accent. I love it. IT IS HILARIOUS!!! But I love it here. My area covers a ward and a group but a ward with a frequency of a branch. So that is the first big challenge. Also that we are opening the area so we are starting from 0. But I am SO EXCITED!!!!

Our only investigator for a while is Marlaci. We found her because her daughter is an ex investigator that doesn’t have a lot of desire, but Marlaci has. She smokes but really wants to quit. She already has gone from 15 cigarettes per day to 5! So that is a miracle!!!!
All the missionaries that are going home with me on December 4th-5th

I also went back to Porto Alegre and heard that my brother is close to there so I felt heart to heart (lies I only found out today and now I am back in Bagé. But it was almost cute.) *They were about 3 hours away from each other when she was in Porto Alegre.
my last 2 weeks... bus rides

Other than that, I am just trying to take advantage of my last weeks here and not cry too much. But I am putting everything I have into this work. I know that we are going to see lots of miracles here in the area because our faith is sky high.
MY AREA

My challenge for y’all this week is to start preparing your questions for ENERA CONFERENCE (General Conference) !! Start praying and studying to prepare yourself. I know that this will be a great opportunity to renew your testimony of the church and the gospel.

EU AMO MUITO VOCES!!! DESCULPE PELA PEQUENA CARTA!!!!
(I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!! Sorry for the little letter !!!!)

com amor,
Sister Hammond

From our conversation:
*She loves her new companion.  Added bonus is that Sister Albino will run with her in the mornings!
*She has literally walked all her shoes to death.  She only has one pair that aren't destroyed.  She said that her rain boots are more glue than boot.  Haha  I hope that one pair can hold on for the next 2.5 months.

Comments

Popular Posts