WEEK 71: October 21, 2019 “o começo do fim”

(“The beginning of the end” or in other words, the first day of her last transfer.)
Old picture from a different area and a different companion, but I had to add at least one picture!
OLA!!!!!!!!! 

Wow this week was amazing. But lemme see what I can actually remember. The photos aren’t working this week so y'all will have to just imagine my face in various locals. So imagine me. Missionary. Doing missionary stuff. haha. 

So the two highlights of the week were first,

WE WENT TO AN ENGLISH SCHOOL!!!!

Guys. I am gonna miss speaking Portuguese so much. But we went to help the English school students really practice their English and learn our slangs. and it was a huge miracle because when we were all introducing ourselves, one of the young men raised his hand and said, "My name is João and I really want to go to another country and share the gospel so I would love to learn more about your church and what you guys do as missionaries." can you say, PREPARED BY GOD??? Wow. It was a powerful experience. 

The other experience was Douglas!!! Douglas is Leandro’s uncle. He is amazing. Ever since we first marked his baptismal date with him, he has been so excited and firm! And this week he was baptized! He stopped smoking and said that he really felt a renewal when he left the water. I was so happy to really be able to see this change of heart in Douglas ever since I met him a month ago. I love that whole family and I am so glad that I have been able to see their growth and love. 

Wow. I love being a missionary. This week I want you guys to read 3 Nephi 18. If you ever even THOUGHT about missing a week of church, this chapter will call you to repentance. It really testifies of the power of the sacrament and how Christ will bless you if you show your faith in him and go to church.

sorry i cant send pics this week. 

love y'all!

te amo,

SISTER HAMMOND

Comments

Popular Posts