WEEK 34: February 4, 2019 “SOLTEIRA EU ME DEITO, SEM CHIRFE EU ME LEVANTO”


When you're on a mission, you don't care about being cute. You wear an ugly hat because if you don't you will return red like a tomato! 

("SINGLE I LEFT, WITHOUT CHIRFE I WAKE UP" -??? That is the translation for the title, which doesn't make any sense to me. - Jen)

This week we decided to work a lot with inactives and families incompletes. (Families of members that have other members of the family that aren’t baptized.) So this week with worked a lot with Victorya. She is 11 years old and was baptized in another area. Her family moved here and she never went to church here because she doesn’t have friends. So we decided to visit her with a cute recent convert in our branch named, "Rakylla." She is 10 years old and reminds me a lot of myself when I was 10. She has a ton of energy and just loves to talk! So we took her there and we made journals with them! It was super special and Victorya was super excited to come to church on Sunday! SHE CAME! It was super special. She was super excited and SHE WILL BE REACTIVATED IN 2 WEEKS- I KNOW IT!!!!

This week we also worked a lot with our LMA (Ward mission leader in English?) because he is expecting his mission call any day! So we are helping him prepare. We took him with us 3 days this week and his testimony was always what sealed the deal. The members have a great power to help move the work forward! Always remember the power that you guys have. Because look. We, as missionaries will be in the ward or branch for 3-6 months and then we leave. But the members will be there forever. So these new members or less actives need to trust in the members so that when the missionaries leave, they won’t be left alone. We are working with a lot of inactives that were baptized because they liked the Sisters, and when they left, they went inactive. So DON’T LET THAT HAPPEN IN YOUR WARD OR BRANCH!!!!

I don’t have much else to report on this week. I love you guys!!!

This week I want to challenge you to read Psalms 91. Our recent convert, Arnaldo, LOVES Psalms. I had never read it all the way through. So recently I decided to start reading all the Psalms and WOW it really is powerful. If you want comfort in your life, read Psalms. You will love it.

I also just want you guys to know that I have a fiery burning testimony of our prophet in these days and especially about the new program of the church (Come Follow Me, the Gospel learning manual). My comp and I have been studying the Manual everyday and also helping our recent converts and less actives study it, and it is making a huge difference in all of our lives. I have never felt like I have known Christ so closely in my life. I feel like I am learning EVERYTHING about his life and what it means to me. It has been the program that has helped me increase my testimony more than anything else. I am super grateful for this. So I also want to challenge you guys to REALLY study this manual. Don’t just read it. Study it. Your testimony will grow a ton.

I love all of you. Thank you for always showing your love and support for me. Continue praying that I won’t melt in 102 degrees without air conditioning walking in the streets everyday. because I am 99% sure that I will die. I love you guys lots!!!

Com amor,
Sister Becca Hammond
Everyone was supposed to bring a "dessert" and what did I bring? WATER FREAKING MELON!!! WHOOOO

Sometimes, climbing through the window doesn't turn out for the best so your companion, instead of helping you, takes pics. (Jen  - Don't ask me why she was climbing through a window!)


What is the biggest surprise of your week?

The biggest surprise.... hmm.... I think it was probably our LMA bought a watermelon to keep in his fridge for when I am passing by. So whenever he sees me in the street he brings me a slice of watermelon haha.

Looking back, what was Sister Ressurreição able to teach you?

She is awesome and we were always laughing together and she helped me make goals and plans to be less anxious and stressed out and implementing those have helped me a ton just as a person.

Comments

Popular Posts