WEEK 28: December 23, 2018 "here's a secret... FELIZ NATAL"

FELIZ NATAL!!!!!
OLA THIS WEEK!!

This week we worked A TON!! We were taking advantage of the Christmas Spirit and everyone thinking about Christ and feeling a special spirit. It went really well!!! We found a crap ton of new people to teach!!

One that is super special is Katiane! She is 19 years old. She has a 3 year old son but she is super amazing. We visited her and gave her a Book of Mormon as a present and she almost started crying she was so grateful. She lives alone with only her son because her boyfriend works in Uruguay. She is going to spend Christmas alone and was super excited about the Book of Mormon. I am super excited to go back there and be able to help her even more feel the love of Christ in her life.
The woman in pink is Juliane, the woman we reactivated the other week!
We also visited a ton more references from Juliane!! We found a family who has a 17 year old son living alone in Florida!! His mom misses him a ton and when we talked about the Atonement and God giving us His Son; she was bawling. Her name is Conceição. She also has a 16 year old daughter named Larissa.

This week was really good with finding new people. I would like to tell you all about every single person we found but you would all get super bored. But we found a bunch of super special people!!

This week we also had our Christmas Conference of the mission!!! My mission is so big that they never have all the mission in the same place but this year they did!!! The whole mission was in Porto Alegre!!! Unfortunately, Porto Alegre is 5 hours from here so we had to travel at 3AM on Tuesday and we got back at 1AM on Wednesday. So it was rough to work on Wednesday. But it was worth it  because we had the WHOLE MISSION together!!!
My district with our Christmas presents.

A trio AGAIN

I don't know if I already mentioned this but I am in a trio AGAIN! But better, we are working in 2 areas! So it has been  insane. But also I like staying busy so that has been good!!!

Look very closely at that computer screen and you will see my lovely family!!!

I also got to talk to my family so that was like the best thing in the entire world. I kinda love my family tons and tons. They are amazing.

Kelly and her son before their move.

The saddest thing is that Kelly moved.... Our most progressing investigator moved away to the Baia. It was devastating. The last time that we visited them everyone cried. A ton. But really it was a great opportunity because the only thing holding her back from being baptized is her husband. And she will be living away from her husband now for at least 6 months. So we are going to give her address to the new missionaries and hopefully they will be able to help her be baptized!!! So that will be awesome. I am happy for her and this chance.


So that about sums up my week!!! It was a good week and I am optimistic for the future here in the area!!!

This week I want to challenge you to read Alma 29! I was feeling super discouraged and I was sitting during the sacrament yesterday and decided to read Alma 29. It comforted me a ton during that moment difficult. I know that when we trust in the Lord He will always help us.

I love all of you and I am grateful for all the prayers and support!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! FELIZ NATAL!!!

Com amor,
Sister Becca Hammond

FOR CHRISTMAS ALL THE SISTERS IN THE WARD GAVE US
THIS GIANT RED SACK OF FOOD!!!!

yes this is a turtle and yes I was overly excited about the turtle




Missionary work is requires WORK...and study.


"Burrowing owls are slightly tolerant of human presence, often nesting near roads,
farms, homes, and regularly maintained irrigation canals. The owls nest in an
underground burrow, hence the name burrowing owl. If burrows are unavailable and
the soil is not hard or rocky, the owls may excavate their own."


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts