WEEK 26: December 10, 2018 "I'M DIRECTING A PLAY I'M DIRECTING A PLAY WHOOOOOO HOOOO"

My favorite little child!!!!
 So hello pessoal.

This week was CHEIO of MIRACLES!!!!

I will begin at the beginning. So our District Leader asked us to think of something that we could do differently in each of our areas for Christmas. And I thought of the "twelve days of Christmas" I explained it and my companion thought it was a really weird idea but she said okay. So I made cute little calendars to give to the members and less actives that has a "challenge" each day. They don’t have the song "twelve days of Christmas" in Brazil. So I sang it for Sister Ressurreição and she said it was annoying and didn’t understand why the US has a tradition to do that. But when I showed her the calendar she LOVED it! So we are going to introduce the calendar this week! It has challenges like, wear red. but also like, memorize john 3:16. So it is really good!! I am happy with it.

AHSHGDSOLIUGHSAGOPIHGSDPIOAGHPODSF GENTE!!!! KELLY IS PROGRESSING A TON AND I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!! This week we went to visit her and we talked about what we could share and what we could say and I thought of the the movie, "Meet the Mormons." I watched that movie last week on p-day and thought she would like to see the story about the missionary mom. I don't know if you guys know that story but it is really good. So we decided to show it to her. We went there and I cried like a BABY! because like.... I'm a missionary and love my family and such and such. Then I looked over and Kelly was bawling also!!! Afterwards we just bore simple testimonies about why we are on the mission and what we believe and then I asked her to share what she was feeling and she said, "I just am so so grateful that you guys are here. You have changed my life. I know this is the true church and I want to be a part of it. Your message is so special and I want it in my family." She said a bunch of other stuff BUT GUYS!!!!! And then when we thought it couldn't get any better she came to our choir presentation on Friday (The choir of the missionaries in the stake)!! SHE BROUGHT HER HUSBAND! She said it was the first time that her husband stepped into a church SINCE THEY GOT MARRIED! AND THEN SHE CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY AND HER SON ALSO AND IT WAS SUPER SPECIAL!!! She loved it because it was the sacrament meeting of the primary and she loved it. Guys I am so happy with her progress.

We also had another miracle! So on Saturday we were walking and just making contacts. Some man drove by on a bike but me, being the person I am, shouted, "BOA TARDE!" (Good Afternoon) as he rode by. Then like five minutes later, a bike pulled up next to us and the same man said that when I said, "boa tarde" he felt a huge desire to come back and talk to us. He said he is looking for a christian religion because his wife is christian. So MIRACLE!

ALSO I HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO WRITE AND DIRECT AND PLAY FOR OUR ZONE TO PERFORM FOR CHRISTMAS!!! I wrote it and BAH! The spirit is super strong. It is about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to use my talents!!

This week I want to challenge you all to find a way to share a Christmas message with someone. Someone you know could use a little pick me up and a little Christmas spirit. It is a little hard for me to feel super Christmassy when it is 90 degrees and nobody here celebrates Christmas the way I am used to. But when I get to share about Jesus Christ, those are the moments when I feel the Christmas spirit.

I love you!!!!

Com amor,
Sister Hammond


I am super happy!!!!! Everything is wonderful here. It is crazy that I will hit 6 months this week!!!

TODO MUNDO!

When everyone tries to "act natural"

Comments

Popular Posts