WEEK 25: December 3, 2018 "If you don't want your area to close and you know it clap your hands *CLAPS VERY LOUDLY AND ENTHUSIASTICALLY UNTIL PRESIDENTE SOUZA HEARS IT AL..."

Kelly and her cute family!!! She made us a wreath to put on our door!!!!

OLA FAMILIARES E AMIGOS!!!!

I hope you are all doing good!!! I want to previously apologize for my english because this is the moment of the mission that I start to forget how to create english phrases effectively. So I am very sorry. And I am sorry to anyone who will talk to me when I get home someday because the other day I was trying to speak in english and every other word popped out in portuguese so good luck loves.

THIS WEEK WAS INSANE!!!! So we had transfers on monday and Sister V. Araujo went to stay in Porto Alegre for a few days. So Sister Ressurreição and I had to cover both areas until Wednesday. That was crazy. And expensive.... with all the bus fares. But it was good!!!

We also had a meeting with one of the area presidency. He told us about all the changes to the missionary program in the area. For example, now, the quorum of elders will be hugely responsible for the missionary work in the ward. He also helped us make more goals and effective goals also. So that meeting was really good. And it was wayyyy in pelotas. Which is a 3 hour bus ride.

On Wednesday we also had a relief society activity again! We made ornaments!!! It was so much fun and everyone was laughing and I made some super cute ornaments to put on the Christmas tree that we don't have haha. But someday I will put them on my own Christmas tree!!! But it was so fun. I love this ward because they love the missionaries. They are super willing to give us references because we are super close to all the members. So it is wonderful.

The other awesome thing is that our district is super supportive of us. They help us with everything. Our district leader and his comp came to our area twice this week to just help us out. It is wonderful!!!! I am super grateful for our awesome district!!!

This week we worked a lot with Gabriela who is our investigator. She has a baptismal date and when we arrived there the other day she said, "I received my answer from God. When I prayed about the Book of Mormon, I felt a lot of peace and love. I know that I need to be baptized. I know that this church is true. I will do what I need to to be baptized." GOSH GENTE IT WAS AMAZING AND THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG!!!! Unfortunately, brazil doesn't have a culture of getting married. So we need to teach her the importance of marrying the person that you live with. So Law of Chastity, here we come! But her son was there and he also accepted the invitation to be baptized! It really is a miracle!!!

We also had a miracle with Kelly this week!!! She is awesome and made us a wreath. And then we went to a little play that he son put on and her husband was super excited that we came to show our support. AND THEN! She had lunch with us and we invited her to say the closing prayer. Gente. I have never felt the spirit so strongly during a prayer in my life. She said that she was so grateful that we were teaching her and that her life really is changing because of the gospel and she begged Heavenly Father to touch the heart of her husband so that she could be baptized with her son. It was heartbreaking and everyone was crying at the end. It was amazing.

This week I wanna challenge you guys to read Mosiah 27. We gave this chapter to a less active to read in preparation for her interview with the bishop. It really is a story about the love of God in our lives and I LOVE IT!!

That was about it this week!!! it was a good week even though it was CRAZY!!!! I hope you are all doing well and prepping for the holidays!!! I love you guys!!!!

Com MUITO MUITO MUITO AMOR,
Sister Hammond
The wreath that Kelly made

My companion made fun of me for making popcorn "like a poor person" aka in a pan.

The other sisters had a baptism fall through and felt really sad about it, so we made this to cheer them up.
Members who came to help clean the church

The wheels on the bus go round and round


Comments

Popular Posts