WEEK 73: November 4, 2019 “In the eye of the hurricane”

HAPPY HALLOWEEN (thanks mom)
Wow. This week was insane. Tuesday we had a giant storm. We woke up and the whole sky was black and green. Then the storm actually arrived. It was terrible. Like. 62 miles per hour winds. it knocked down houses and took off roofs. I saw clothes flying and trees fell down all over the place. It was insane. A ton of families were affected. And the storm only lasted 15 minutes but it destroyed this whole city practically. So we left Tuesday and it was still raining a ton. Bah. I have never seen so much rain like i saw this week. I actually was doing a lot of missionary reflecting this week during all the storms. I saw the difference between the houses that really had a strong foundation and those that didn’t. I really saw the importance of building our foundation on Jesus Christ. Satan can win a lot of people with only 15 minutes of storm. But when we are founded on Christ and His teachings, even 4 hours of hail and tornado and everything, can't knock us down. I really thought a lot about that this week.
A main road in our area when it rained. Literally had rain up to here on my legs or more!

the storm knocked down a ton of trees like this one. 
That same street. Full of water.

Besides that storm, we didn’t really have a ton happen because everyone was worried about the storms. So nobody really wanted to let us in, and we just ended up soaking wet every single day.

We did have a spiritual experience with Camila and Julieta! So this week we wanted to focus a lot on marriage with them. (They are two women that are unrelated to each other but we had a similar experience with them two.) So we went to their houses and taught about the plan of Salvation. We focused a ton on how happy families can be for all of the eternities. And then invited them to get married. I don’t think I ever realized how grateful I am for my parents and everything they taught me until these lessons. Guys, my parents are the best. Ever since I was little, they taught me the importance of Jesus Christ in my life. I have very distinct memories of my parents bearing testimony to me. I really am here to show other families how they can have the happiness that my parents brought into our family. Oh yeah, THEY BOTH ACCEPTED TO GET MARRIED!

This week I want to challenge you guys to bear your testimony to someone. I know its cheesy and I know that maybe you think it’s embarrassing. But I know that a simple testimony about Christ and his Restored Gospel can make all the difference in the life of someone.

P.S. Yesterday I ate ostrich egg and it was a good experience for my life book.

Com amor,
Sister Hammond
Just a reminder of how i am beautiful when my hair is drying

When you see your death in front of you but you walk confidently forward.
(Becca being a little dramatic, which is normal for her.)

What are your responsibilities as STL?
I am responsible for 8 sisters. Me and my trainee Sister Tew (who will be the new STL when I go home) will call one of the companionships everyday to see how they are doing, who they are teaching, and what we can do to help. Then every week, we make goals and pass them to the various companionships to try and improve something that we are all having trouble with. For example, this week we are focusing on helping people go to church because we all had trouble with that. So we made a goal to in every lesson leave a very spiritual invitation to go to church and then on Saturday to follow up with EVERYONE that we teach so that they can go to church on Sunday. Then we also will go to their area to help them out and we have splits. This week I am going on splits and going to help the sisters in their area.

Comments

Popular Posts