WEEK 72: October 28, 2019 “DULCE DE LECHE”


Marlaci's baptism!!! It was super special. 
OIII!I!!!!

This week was INSANE!!!! So there arrived 4 sisters here in Bagé. So we had to go pick them up on Monday. So Monday we went and caught up with them [and ate some] PANCHO [together]! Which is a Uruguayan hot dog that they eat here in Bagé. It is super good. I love it. So then on Tuesday we went to help them in their BRAND NEW AREA!! So that was great. I love helping people so that was way cool. 

The famous hospital in our city

Wednesday was really the only day that we had to work in our area this week. But we got to meet a recent convert that moved to our area. Her husband is from Uruguay and when we got there they pulled out a bunch of Uruguayan food and fed it to us. GUYS THE BEST DULCE DE LECHE IN THE WORLD IS FROM URUGUAY. It was so good. They are going to bring some for me to take back to y’all in the US. 

We also got to follow up with Julieta. She is a woman that we are teaching who has a super strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. She is super excited to be baptized, we just have to organize her wedding! She went to church on Sunday and she loved it. She said next week she is going to take her son! So that is awesome!!! 

Then Friday. FRIDAY WAS AWESOME!!! Friday was Marlaci's baptism!!! It was super special because when she left the water I asked her how she was feeling and she said, "Marvelous!! This is the best feeling that I have ever felt!" Guys. It was a moment that was so spiritual. And her grandson, Leandro, that was baptized two weeks ago said the closing prayer and said, "Thank you so so much that my uncle and my grandma have been baptized in this true church." I almost cried I was so happy. I am so proud of that family and so grateful for the chance to have been a part of their conversion.

Saturday we had our OPEN HOUSE!!! We opened the chapel for EVERYONE to come see. Our zone leader (who is a professional barber) cut everyone's hair for free, and we had people come and give talks about depression and homemade medicine and about food and stuff like that. And we had a presentation about the plan of salvation and soccer and it was AWESOME! It is so cool to do something different once in a while in the missionary life. And a ton of non members went. It was a great day. 
I created a cute little plan of salvation to show at our open house

Saturday we also took Leandro to visit some people with us. And he told us a story about how he taught one of his friends ALL ABOUT THE RESTORATION! He even invited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. He said, "Sister Hammond. I taught her everything that you taught me about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and everything. She really wants to know more." And at the open house he was teaching EVERYONE about the Plan of Salvation. I am so proud of that boy. So that was awesome. 

This week was really crazy but next week is gonna be crazier! Just prepare yourself for MIRACLES!!!! I love you guys a ton. You are all amazing. And this week I want to invite you guys to all ready D&C 93. This section called a ton of my attention this week and I really could feel the influence of the Holy Ghost and how he can impact our daily lives. 

AMO MUITO VOCÊS!!!!!

com amor,
Sister Hammond
*from Mom:  There was some really strange grammar used in this email.  I fixed some of it sort-of, but hopefully it isn't too hard to understand.
I heard that it snowed in Utah, well I made a snowman with the ice from our freezer. so are y'all jealous yet?

Me and my cuzcuz maker.

Bus stop

AÇAI

Comments

Popular Posts