WEEK 52 (ONE YEAR!!): June 10, 2019 "The most powerful thing you can share as a missionary."

Our lunch today. VERY AMERICAN IT WAS GREAT!

I am so so sorry but I did not have time to write a good letter this week so y’all are just gonna have to bear with me.

But this week I think I had the most powerful moment with the first vision of my entire mission.

So we were teaching Juliana. She has been difficult because she always has an excuse of why she can’t go to church. But this week we went there and decided to focus on the restoration. Even though we had already shared it with her. We felt like we should go back and share it again. So we went there. We taught everything normal and everything. But then we got to the moment of the First Vision. I took a deep breath and said a prayer in my mind that she would feel the spirit. I will be completely honest, I have no idea how to recite the first vision in English but some of you know and so just image it. I started talking and the spirit just was SO STRONG. I almost started crying and Juliana was crying and I just felt it. I felt the power of that moment in the history of the church. Afterwards, my comp asked what Juliana was thinking and She said, "i got chills. I know that this happened. I know that this young man saw God. I want to follow this path. When can I be baptized?" GENTE!!!! She felt it. The spirit was so strong and I just felt it too. I felt that confirmation with Juliana. It was amazing and very spiritual.

That night I started just reading the Book of Mormon and I felt it again. I just felt the spirit settle over me and send me a confirmation that what I am teaching to these people really is the truth and has the power to change these lives. I just had a very spiritual experience with these things this week and I got to strengthen my testimony 100x. I am so grateful for these moments on the mission to really feel the spirit testify to and through you.

I am sorry I don’t really have much else to say. But I can testify to you that I KNOW that this is the true gospel and this is the true church. I testify that this is the way that will lead us to eternal life with our families and so that we can inherit the mansions that God has prepared for us. (Ether 12:32)

I challenge all of you to read D&C 121. I read that this week and I just felt very strongly like I should invite you to read it too. This section has power to show that God really does have a plan for each one of us. And this plan is specific for every person here on the earth.

I love you all!!!

Com amor,
Sister Hammond
At our District Meeting.

Sister Alcântara!

Yep. Broke a hole in the wall. 

Missionary Activity! 

Comments

Popular Posts