WEEK 35 (8 MONTHS!): February 11, 2019 “O NOME DELA É JENIFER!”

(“Her name is Jenifer”. It is a Brazilian song that is always playing on the street.)

I think we're cute but don't look at my awkward hand that looks like a dead fish. 
OIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

Last Monday we went to a coal mine museum! Which was about the most interesting thing close to Butiá and it was still an hour away but it was cool!!!

This week was another week in Butiá. I was on exchanges the week entire!!! We knocked on a ton of doors and visited a ton of people and melted everyday. So that wasn’t super fun. BUT we had a miracle!!!!! We arrived in the house of Clair and taught her about the importance of baptism. We arrived in the end (Mom translations: got to the end of the discussion), super nervous that she would say that it was too soon, or that something had happened, but she just said, "My baptism is this Saturday right? What do I need to bring?"

THEN SHE ASKED WHAT SHE HAD TO DO AFTER BAPTISM TO DO WHAT GOD WANTS HER TO DO SO WE TAUGHT THE WORD OF WISDOM AND THE LAW OF CHASTITY AND SHE SAID SHE DOESN’T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EITHER AND THAT SHE IS EXCITED FOR HER BAPTISM!!! Guys miracles are super real.

On Saturday I decided that I wanted to have people come to church so I called EVERY SINGLE NONMEMBER IN THIS CITY THAT WE HAD THE NUMBER TO INVITE THEM TO CHURCH!  I talked to 52 people on the phone!!! It was crazy!!! (Mom: I will ask her next week if any of those 52 people came to church.)

I don’t really have any other news for y'all. OH!!! My email address is going to change just fyi. It is going to be rebecca.hammond@missionary.org but if you send emails to the old address it will go to that one too. Just to let y’all know.

This week I want to invite you all to read the talk from Elder Soares (BRAZILEIRO!!!!) from this conference that I think is called One in Christ in English. This talk really helped me realize that if we are all divided between ourselves, nothing is going to happen in the church. We all have a responsibility to help the church grow where we live.

I love you all!!! Y’all are amazing!!!

Com amor,
Sister Hammond

PS. THIS WEEK A COCKROACH CLIMBED ONTO MY HAND AND IT WAS THE WORST MOMENT OF MY LIFE AND THEN HE FLEW INTO MY FACE AND I SCREAMED A LOT AND IT WAS TERRIBLE the end
WE RODE IN A SEMI TRUCK THIS WEEK AND IT WAS JUST AS LEGIT AS YOU WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE!! 

Do you still think American ice cream is better than Brazilian?
100% YES!!! The ice cream is not great here.

How is your companion doing? (We have been praying for her.  She sounded really sad and frustrated last week when you wrote.)
She is still stressed out. But I have been too so it’s been a trade off....

So feeling stressed out right now?  What exactly is causing you the most stress?
I just am not having a ton of success. It is frustrating because Presidente said that I teach SUPER well. I speak Portuguese fluently. I love these people. I am obedient and I work hard.  I know how to teach with members but I have not been having success. He said it is my trail. That God wants to teach me something but it is super frustrating.

Who are the people you are teaching right now?
CLAIR! She is our only progressing investigator for right now and will be baptized THIS WEEK!!!

Are you in a ward or a branch?  What is it like?
Branch. It is super disorganized so we are left to give a ton of training and help with everything.



Comments

Popular Posts