WEEK 29: December 31, 2018 "FELIZ NATAL E ANO NOVO TAMBÉM!!!!"

THE GORGEOUS SUNSET!!!! 
OLA MINHAS PEEPS!!!!

I love you guys tonS!!!!

This week was insane. Obviously it was CHRISTMAS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! This Christmas was strange because it was super hot and also because Brazilians celebrate Christmas a little strangely. But it was super good!! We ate some good food and we had a party with 2 families of nonmembers and a bunch of members. It was really fun. We also decided to visit all the people that probably were alone on Christmas.

This week was also insane because right now we are doing a ton of exchanges with the women in our ward. So it has been a madhouse. I want to tell you about everyone we are teaching but I don't want to jinx anything so I will wait until next Monday to go into details about that. But please just pray for our miracle that is going to happen this week!!! I am sorry that this letter will be crap but I am feeling super superstitious this week so just wait for more deets next week!!!

Today is NEW YEARS!!! I hope you all have made goals for this year. If you have, or haven't, I would like to invite you guys to make at least one goal in the spirit of prayer and present that goal to our Father in Heaven. He will help you with what you will need to change.

We are going to spend New Years here in our house with a bunch of food!!! So I am stoked!!!!

I am sorry this letter is crap but I am super superstitious!!! I love you all!!!

COM MUITO AMOR,
Sister Becca Hammond

Emails to Mom:
I am doing good. Everything is wonderful here in Brazil. I realized this week that I will live through the summer because turns out it isn’t even almost as hot as it is in Utah. So I will SURVIVE!

When you are in the sun all day!
(I wish I knew what to plan on for your return, but I guess I can wait a little while.  You have a lot more time there.)

Yes I do. I have lots more time. I am in a weird transition phase where I still like miss home and I miss you guys and stuff. But I am starting to see everything that is scary and will change when I get home and so it’s that weird like... middle phase idk.

ME AND BRUTAS!!
The dog of our ward mission leader!!!

There are always horses on the streets!
Q: Okay, so how was your Christmas?!?!  Did you open all the 12 days of Christmas?  I know it wasn’t much, but I hope it made you feel like we were thinking about you. 
A: I LOVED THE 12 DAYS SO MUCH! Especially the painting. It was super special. I loved it so dang much. (I sent her a tini painting of the Nativity and 11 other small gifts that could be mailed through regular mail.)

Q: Did you get any Christmas cards?  
A:I got a ton of Christmas cards and it was awesome. (Thanks, everyone!!!)

Q:What did you think about ours? 
A: I liked ours too!!!! It was super cute!!! I loved it!!! 

Q: Did you get anything from President and Sister Souza?
A: Yes! A little thingy magig and an orange!!! 

Q:How is Juliane? How is Katiane?  Anyone else you can tell me about?
A: I am not going to talk about investigators this week because I don’t want to jinx the miracle that we’re expecting this week! 

Q:When are the next transfers?
A: THIS SUNDAY!!! 

Q: Are you getting along well with your companions?
A: Yes we are getting along great. Always laughing and taking pics!@!

Our favorite street

Some members that we love on Christmas!!!

Everyone hated me after this photo. They all got all up in my face after that pic.
They said it isn't funny when I ruin pics but I think I am hilarious.
A sunset picture for Dad. (She didn't even mention the tipping over phone pole.)


Comments

Popular Posts