WEEK 27: December 17, 2018 "My bomba (straw) broke but I will sobreviver (survive)"


Decorating our Christmas tree!
Hello Family Friends and everyone and anyone who is reading this email.

This email will be short because honestly this week was a little discouraging for me.

The best thing that happened this week was JULIANE!!! She is a member that was reactivated the week passed and this week we had an exchange fall through and we needed another woman! So we called her! SHE WAS SO EXCITED!!! And she introduced me to 2 references! 2 families that were amazing and super receptive! And when she bore her testimony to them she said, "I really know that this is the true church. I don’t know what I would do without the sisters. They changed my life and brought me out of a darkness to really get to know Christ again. I know that they can change your life if you just listen to their message!" It was super special and I may or may not have cried.

We also introduced our 12 days of Christmas calendars and I put one of the challenges, "make hot chocolate and invite a family to talk" and one member got really upset because it is like 100 degrees here and deathly humid and I wanted them to drink hot chocolate. In the end she said it was awful but the talk was good.

I AM IN A TRIO AGAIN! Whoo hooo!!! I get to be in a trio again with Sister Ressurreição and Sister V Araujo until January!!! They are wonderful so it will be good!!!
My mom sent.... we did it!

We also sang in a choir yesterday in the stake center and that was legal. I liked it lots because I got to play the piano! And we had an exchange with Sister Coon so that was good! She is awesome and it was good to talk about like.... America for a few seconds. So all is good!!

This week I want you all to read Luke 2 in preparation for Christmas. This is a special season when we get to remember Jesus Christ. I am super grateful for this season to remember Him and His life.

I love you all!!!

Até mais!!!!

com amor,
Sister Hammond
Sister Ressurreição's shoes broke haha.... (This is Sister Coon. They were on exchanges.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

my bomba broke.... (she looks pretty bummed about it too!)

BAPTISM OF MATEUS AND LIKE HALF THE WARD!!! 

Only in Rio Grande will you find a chimmarrão station

M: I am glad that you are sleeping well and healthy otherwise.  I am sorry Kelly moved away.  I know how much you loved that family.  That has got to be discouraging too.

B: It definitely was. It has been a discouraging week. And it is sad to not be part of all the Christmas hubbub. I love Christmas but it just isn’t the same here. They barely celebrate it actually. But I am grateful I will only be here for 1 Christmas.

Comments

Popular Posts