WEEK 10: August 20, 2018 "Yo no hablo espanol...yet"


A member family in my ward that we've been working with a lot



OLA!!!!!!

What’s up everyone! This week has been really good! I AM A MISSIONARY!! It's crazy because sometimes my companion will say, "oh we have a zone conference today" and I will think, "ME I AM THE ONE WITH A ZONE CONFERENCE TODAY, NOT MY FRIEND THAT I AM READING EMAILS FROM-- ME MESMO!!!!!

So yes! We had a zone conference this week and we got some pretty interesting news. So there exists a rule in my mission that all the Brazilians have to study english during their missions but president souza told us on tuesday... ALL AMERICAN MISSIONARIES HAVE TO STUDY A THIRD LANGUAGE DURING THEIR MISSION HERE!!! Spanish... here we go again! We will see how this goes!

My whole zone!
We had an amazing miracle this week!

So Sister Lins has problems with her throat and so we have been spending a lot of time in our house and at the hospital. That isn’t fun. But one day, we were walking and her throat started hurting so she said that we should return home. We started walking home and randomly got a phone call from one of our recent converts! She said that she was at her dad’s house and her dad was struggling with some family problems and wanted us to come and pray with him! THIS IS THE BEST CALL YOU CAN EVER RECEIVE AS A MISSIONARY! He is not a member. So Sister Lins and I prayed for her throat and the man sent us an uber to come pick us up! (living the high life. A CAR!) We got there and turns out he has an 18 year old daughter who is almost fluent in English. Her name is Mary. She was super excited to meet an American and get to talk to me! We talked for a long time in English and I found out, 1. She wishes that she had a guide for exactly what to take into her body. Such as drugs and alcohol. 2. She wishes she knew that someone out there loved her. 3. She is looking for a religion and 4. She has a little knowledge of the LDS church and wants to know more. ELECT??? I THINK YES!!!! We prayed with the family and set up other times to teach them! I am so excited about this!

Part of my area! The other half is all skyscrapers!
This week my invite is SUPER LEGAL(COOL)!! I was studying the Book of Mormon and re-read 2 Nephi 2. I don’t know why. I am nowhere near 2 Nephi in my personal study but decided to read that chapter. It is amazing. I invite all of you to pray to know someone who could use some comfort and love, and then read 2 Nephi 2 and find one verse to share with a friend or family member. I promise as you do this, a verse will stick out and a name will come to mind.

COM MUITO AMOR!!
Sister Becca Hammond

P.S. Second miracle that Becca wrote to mom: So we went to the temple and I was sitting in the celestial room and just praying for something. I was just praying to feel better and just praying to miss home less and to feel like I was actually capable of this and then I prayed really hard for someone to just give me a tight hug and to show me love. Then I walked out of the celestial room and this random temple worker just walked up to me and hugged me super tightly for a very long time and said, "She could tell I was struggling with something and needed a hug" And we talked for awhile and it was such a miracle. I love you! I cant wait to bring you here someday and show you everything! It's a cool city!! I love you guys and I miss you!!!

Comments

Popular Posts